This page is still very much a work in progress; I update it every now and then
when I'm not focusing on programming. ;)
Last Updated 2016/10/12:
- I never got around to posting about blastar's (no longer) new demo... oops.
- At some point, vasm and vlink were updated to new versions. I've uploaded new Windows binaries to match. Sadly, no 32-bit vlink.
Stuff I wrote, or had a hand in developing. You should also check out the
general utilities page for more tools.
vasm is a portable and retargetable assembler. Ideally, you should
compile it yourself,
but I recognize that's not always possible for everyone. v1.7f is the current "release"
version as of 2016/10/12.
Older Versions/68000 with Motorola Syntax
Older Versions/Z80 with oldstyle Syntax
vlink is a portable linker.
Much like vasm, you are expected to compile the binaries yourself... v0.15a is the
current release version as of 2016/10/12.
byteswap (Hans Vahlenkamp)
Before I ported ROMWak, I searched the Internet for some open source tools,
including a byte swapping utility. I found one that fit the bill and have been
using it ever since.
No promises on release dates for any of these.
- Neo-Geo CD System Utility
- Anyone who knows how the Neo-Geo CDZ BIOS/system ROM actually goes about
booting a game should contact me so I can throw a bunch of questions at you.
- freem's Palette Tester — Example Neo-Geo assembly program that allows experimenting with the palette. Mostly done; need to work out a few kinks.
- Some sort of guide to programming the Neo-Geo, a la the "Nerdy Nights" tutorials for NES. Will likely involve using the freemlib. Very rough WIP, out of date!
- Various other utilities (both my own and other people's).
- More examples for the freemlib.
- Actual games (this will take a while).
This page by AJ/freem, 2014-2016.
"NEOGEO" is a registered trademark of SNK Playmore Corp. All other company and
product names used are trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective owners.
The contents of this page are not authorized or licensed by SNK Playmore.